Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WILL STUDY FOR FOOD

My search for college scholarships was successful, but mentally draining.  I utilized an eight hundred page scholarship book which has turned out to be a good resource.  I characterized scholarships that I was eligible for by color.  Pink is priority, meaning that the sum is large and the deadline is soon.  Orange is right under pink, meaning that I have a little bit more time to apply to them.  Green is for the small, miscellaneous  scholarships that add up.  Finally, blue is for the scholarships that I have a few months to apply for so there is no rush.  I need scholarship money for at least seventy percent of my tuition. My goal is to obtain $15,000 in scholarships at the least.  This doesn't include grants and financial aid.  I would hope to have almost all of my tuition and housing paid for once everything is added up.  I have found some great ones to apply for.  One scholarship that I found for example is called the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program.  It gives out one hundred scholarships for up to $25,000.  It's purpose it to recognize and reward college bound students who excel both in the classroom and in the community.  The deadline to apply is in March.  Below is a photo of the book I have been utilizing.  I would greatly recommend getting one;  they have amazing and well organized information.  It also includes lists of other good recourses inside.




No comments:

Post a Comment