Wednesday, May 7, 2014

One Step at a Time

     I'm probably not the only senior that's anxious to be done with classwork and grades.  It's getting harder and harder to get home in the evenings with the mentality to get homework done.  This week provided a first for me.  This Monday was the first time that I have decided to just not do an assignment in one of my classes and accept a zero.  Laziness is becoming easier and easier while reading a book outside is becoming more and more tempting.  AP testing is this week and next week and rather than taking them one test at a time and really focusing, I was thinking of how happy I'll be when they're over.  This mentality isn't going to cut it.  It's far too easy to be distracted right now with Prom this weekend, Grad Nite next weekend, and Yosemite two weeks following that.

     Today I had to refocus myself so I found this picture that kind of helped me.  I'm so focused on the future when I should be focused on the present.  I just need to keep reminding myself that my adventures are waiting for me.  They aren't going anywhere so there is no need for me to focus on them.  The real adventure is tomorrow.  Three essays and fifty-six multiple choice questions in less than three hours will be a huge task, but I can't think about anything else until I conquer that test.




No comments:

Post a Comment